Great interview with Oren Klaff. Great insights into selling and pitching.
Here’s one big take away I learned from this interview. This comes up towards the end of the video.
In the first 20 minutes of the meeting – TAKE CONTROL AND TELL THE STORY – Get the upper status.
Pitch the concept – get the concept in their heads. No details. Story. Details later.
- Describe the value proposition
- Who are you?
- What is your credibility?
- What is the upside for the customer?
- What is the downside protection for the customer?
- What are the critical assumptions?
- What is the critical path and process if we work together?
- What security does the client have
Pitch the deal so it lands hard and is understood. All of the complex concepts must fit into the first 20 minutes.